Institute of Law and Academic Studies (ILAS) is a Law College which offers a fresh and unique approach to lecturing with more study options and greater flexibility. We provide the support and guidance that students need to achieve their full potential.
The Institute is located in the heart of Chaguanas, Trinidad. This central location allows for convenient access from all parts of the country. In addition the various major transportation hubs are in close proximity to the Institute, making public transport a very attractive option.
Our courses are subject to continuous review and development.
For students attending for tuition at the Institute, we provide comfortably furnished and well-maintained premises with excellent teaching and ancillary facilities. Our library is also stocked with a comprehensive range of books suited to all aspects of the courses taught at the Institute as well as the comparative materials of the Commonwealth Caribbean.
We have always aimed to give value for money, providing high quality education at competitive prices. We are convinced that we offer the most cost-effective programmes available in Trinidad and Tobago.
ILAS extends to you a warm welcome, whether you are a new student studying with us for the first
Quality Policy & Facts about ILAS:
Our Quality Policy commits the Institute of Law and Academic Studies to meet and exceed our customer’s
- - Maintain
- - Communicate, and
- - Continually Improve our Quality Management System
FACTS ABOUT ILAS:
- From our inception to present, several of our students continue to be
awarded for academic achievement by the University of London, including 5 world prizes in the past 5 years.
- Our students come from all over the Caribbean.
- We have a lecturer-exchange programme with UK universities.
- We are a Registered Centre with the University of London.
- Several of our successful students served and continue to serve at very highlevels – of government, the public service and other state agencies and inthe private sector.
- To date, ILAS has produced over 800 attorneys-at-law.
- ILAS produces its own course materials and employs diverse and modern delivery methods.
- ILAS extends unprecedented student support to all its students.
- ILAS runs an intense revision course for students, covering the syllabuses 3 times in each academic year.
- We have very qualified and experienced lecturers.
- ILAS is registered with the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT).
- ILAS’s Bachelor of Laws programme is GATE funded.
- ILAS provides much more that academic guidance. There is an active Student Council. ILAS also hosts several co- and extra-curricular events: debate and mooting competitions as well as several fieldtrips every year!
"To be the choice of all students who seek access to personalized, quality education in Law Studies".
"To offer access to quality education in Law Studies within a committed and caring environment which supports excellence and provides opportunities for personal and professional development".
All students will become committed professionals and productive and contributing members of the community through a market-relevant curriculum, effective teaching, diverse learning methodologies and intra-institutional and stakeholder interventions and collaboration.
The Teleological Approach: Guiding Principles Supporting Vision, Mission, and Belief Statement
- All students are first priority.
- All resources at the institution are integrated to increase student learning and to improve student experience.
- Continuous and varied student feedback to revise and inform existing and new policies.
- Collaborative problem solving removes barriers to student learning.
- Student progress is monitored to determine response to intervention.
School's motto: "We don't just tutor for passes we tutor for World Prizes".
The warm and welcoming atmosphere at Ilas is what stands out the most. The lecturers are ready to put all their effort into supporting students academically and helping us achieve our goals. Responsible staff is at hand to meet both our academic needs and other questions one might have. Ilas has instilled confidence and personal integrity in me, I could not have made a better choice.
- Zaira N. Mohammed, Student
I am Ms. Alisha Mungroo a pass student of Institute of Law and Academic Studies it has not only been a pleasure but great honour to be part of extraordinary learning experience not only academically but to grow and prosper as an individual. At ILAS there are well train and highly qualified lectures and staff to accommodate your every need. It is a comfortable, warm, safe and family oriented learning environment that is unlike any other. The lectures are not done just because it has to be done but they each seek a personal interest in every student without....
Click Here For More Testimonies
Our track record
With the school's motto being "we don't just tutor for passes we tutor for world prizes", it's no wonder why we continue to produce such remarkable results (see below). According to our DATABASES there are over 600 practicing attorneys in the Caribbean and abroad who are graduates of ILAS.
2000 - One World Prize was awarded for one of the best marks in the World for Graduate Route B Year 3
2001 - A First Class Honors mark was awarded in Criminology
2002 - Four First Class Honors marks were awarded in Succession, Jurisprudence and Legal Theory, Law of Trusts and
Read More Here....
2003 - Two First Class Honors mark was awarded in Law of Contract and Succession
2004 - Two Upper Second Class Honors awarded.
2005 - Four Upper Second Class Honours awarded and Seven First Class Honours mark in Law of Evidence, Land Law, Contract Law and Succession.
2006 - Four Upper Second Class Honours awarded and Four First Class Honors mark was awarded in Law of Evidence and Law of Contract.
2007 - Three Upper Second Class Honours awarded and The Prestigious Jim Stephens Scholarship (London) was awarded for the best results in the World for Scheme A Year 1.
Also, Three First Class Honours marks were awarded in Succession and Law of Contract.
2008 - Three Upper Second Class Honours awarded and Three First Class Honours marks were awarded in Jurisprudence and Legal Theory, Succession and Law of Contracts. TWO OF THOSE GOING TO ONE STUDENT IN HIS FINAL YEAR.
2009 - One World Prize awarded for one of the best marks in the World for Graduate Route A Level 1
Five First Class Honours marks were awarded in Jurisprudence and Legal Theory, European Union Law, Law of Contract, Land Law and Public Law. TWO OF THOSE GOING TO ONE STUDENT IN HER FINAL YEAR.
Our institute prides itself on:
The study of Law is dynamic, the law continues to evolve. It is never dormant.
Many potential career paths lead from a legal qualification, not only as a lawyer but across a variety of fields. We hope that you will also find rewards in truly getting a grasp of what you are learning as you
become more adept at handling legal issues and researching legal materials.
The University of London’s LLB degree now beams with amazing flexibility for the young and old. The working students as well as the non-working.
See More Here!
Reading should become an everyday habit, a part of your life. Read cases and familiarize yourself with how they are structured and how opinions are expressed.
Reading is what is expected of students studying at the colleges of the University of London and inevitably it is what we at ILAS expect as well.
Getting regular practice is crucial. Being able to take notes is a key learning skill for university-level study. The process of making notes helps you focus, increases your understanding of a topic and provides you with excellent material for revision.Click Here For More information